Saturday, January 9, 2010

Who I am . . .

I am a person.
I am a woman.
I am a daughter.
I am the daughter of Abba God.
I am the Bride of His Son, Jesus.
I am a lover of Jesus.
I am a worshiper.
I am a singer.
I am a wife.
I am a mother.
I am a homeschooling mommy.
I am a writer.
I am a teacher.
I am a shepherd.
I am an evangelist.
I am a minister of reconciliation.
I am a city on a hill that cannot be hidden.
I am passionate.
I am loud.
I am bold.
I am loving.
I LOVE PEOPLE.
I love to prophesy.
I love to be part of setting people free.
I love to pray for healing.
I love relationships.
I value honesty.
I value vulnerability.
I value realness.
I am energized by solitude.
I love to read.
I love words.
I love coffee shops.
I love coffee.
I love fun coffee mugs. Mugs for every mood.
I love any meal I don't have to cook.
I love nature, particularly rivers, forests, the Oregon Coast.
I love public speaking.
I love inspirational movies.
I love to ponder and chew on ideas and concepts.
I am a feeler.
I love a schedule, though I've learned to live without (sort of).
I love lists (crossing things off is the best.)
I love traveling.
I love cultures.
I love languages.
I love beauty both in people and in the world.
I love the moon.
I love working with and discipling leaders.
I love journaling.
I LOVE my husband.
I LOVE my kids.
I LOVE my friends.
I love communicating.
I love taking personality tests! :-)
I love emailing.
I love opening my home.
I love my space.
I dislike talking on the phone for the most part.
I dislike really last minute plans (most of the time, though I'm learning!)
I dislike feeling unprepared.
I dislike chaos and lots of noise. (laugh now. This is my world with 4 kids)
I dislike carnivals, fairs, Disneyland, any crowded entertainment!
I dislike clutter in my house.
I dislike superficiality.
I dislike pedestals and celebrity"ism".
I struggle with people pleasing.
I struggle with impatience, harsh words, frustration, anger.
I struggle with control issues.
I struggle with giving myself mercy.
I struggle with over committing.
I struggle with feeling like I'm failing as a mommy.
I have struggled with fear of abandonment.
I have struggled with my body image.
I have struggled with perfectionism.
I have struggled with religion.
I have struggled with condemnation and shame.
I have struggled through abuse.
I have struggled to believe God is good.
I have struggled with fear of failure.
BUT I am an over comer.
I am victorious.
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms.
I am filled with the same spirit that rose Jesus from the dead.
I am learning to behold His glory and reflect it with increasing measure.
I am being filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
I am the Bride of Christ.
I am the daughter of Abba God.
I am a daughter.
I am a woman.
I am a person.


3 comments:

Joce said...

Oh Emie, I love your honesty. Such a beautiful poem~you've inspired me. I think I'll have to try this too. =)

Anna said...

I love this! I love you so much too! It makes me feel the word redemption...I will have to try this also.

Susannah said...

I loved this! so beautiful and inspring...I learned a few things about you! you shed so much of Jesus, even just in this poem.