Monday, February 8, 2010

Jesus cares what you wear!

Several years ago, as I was spending time in prayer, I could see myself sitting outside of the Palace gates, dressed as a beggar. As I sat there in destitution, I hoped beyond all hope that the King would come out so I could perhaps catch His eye. Then He would ask me how He could help me, because I know His heart of love is genuine and all inclusive. If He could only see me, He would want to help me.

The King did indeed come through the gate. He did more than catch my eye. He knelt beside me and asked with a tender, incredulous voice, "What are you doing out here? You belong in the Palace with Me?"

That moment with Jesus changed my relationship with Him in drastic ways. He took me into His palace and gave me a room. Ever since then, I have not seen myself outside the Palace walls begging.

Two weeks ago, we were in a crunch with our finances. I wasn't worried, but I know the principle of persistent (pestering) asking as my son Asher has so thoroughly taught me. I grabbed my ipod, shut myself in my bedroom and started worshiping. Immediately, I saw myself walking down a portico of marble walkway within the Palace walls. I knew in my heart I was going to see Jesus. It was going to be Him and me alone. As I walked into a room, Jesus was standing with His back to me. When He turned around, He said in the same tender, incredulous voice, "Why are you dressed like that?!"
A little taken aback, I answered, "Like what?"
"Like a beggar." And then playfully, yet firmly, said, "Go change."
Ok then! As I left the room, I entered another room where someone handed me a simple, exquisite golden gown that was woven with gold. I was reminded of my favorite Psalm, 45.

Psalm 45:10-15
Listen to me, O royal daughter; take heart to what I say. Forget your people and your homeland far away. For your royal husband delights in your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. The princes of Tyre will shower you with gifts. People of great wealth will entreat your favor. The bride, a princess, waits within her chamber, dressed in a gown woven with gold. In her beautiful robes, she is led to the king, accompanied by her bridesmaids. What a joyful enthusiastic procession as they enter the king's palace!"

As I returned to the room Jesus was in, I entered and he looked at me with a loving, playful smile and said, "That's better! Now what do you need?"

--------------
I believe this moment with the King will be changing my interactions with Him forever. It's amazing how we can know in our heads that we are loved by God, we are His Bride and we aren't beggars anymore when we are in Christ, but in our hearts we still approach him with beggar's clothes. Take up your royal robes today and enjoy the Presence of Jesus! He's really fun!

Eph 3:12
Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God's presence, assured of his glad welcome.

Heb 4:16
So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.

1 comment:

Susannah said...

WOW! what a cool revelation from the Lord. I love seeing that side of Jesus. thanks for sharing!