Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nose Rings?



When I was in second grade, Jay Tiedemann made fun of my nose. I was completely horrified about my nose and hated it from second grade until my junior year of college when a friend of mine made some mention of my "cute little nose." (completely opposite of the 2nd grade description!) It only took 13 years to realize I was believing a 2nd grade boy's analysis of the appearance of my nose!
From that point on, I made friends with my nose. I always liked nose rings but still couldn't bring myself to adorn my nose. I tried to get it pierced once in Europe, but chickened out when my friend had blood spurt three feet out of her piercing. Ahhh, NO THANKS!
Recently, I've been noticing more nose rings and thinking maybe this is the time of life to do it. There's still a tiny part of me that wonders if people will misjudge me when they notice my nose ring, but then again, were they misjudging the me who would get a nose ring but didn't have it yet? Sooooo, I did it. And I love it. And that's the story of my cute little nose . . . . ring! ;-)

2 comments:

Susannah said...

I LOVE IT!!!! So glad you got it! :) you are beautiful!

Anna said...

You are so beautiful - with our without the nose ring!!! It does look great!l! I love you and miss you dear friend! thanks for sharing the nose story! :-)