Saturday, June 28, 2014

Belonging

  driving home. gorgeous river, golden hills, majestic mountains. listening to Fly On by Coldplay. "fly on, fly through, maybe one day I'll fly next to you." following 11 bikers.  big motorbikes.  it was ethereal. the music, the scenery, the belonging of the bikers.
  I've never had any desire to ride a motorcycle through the mountains with a group of people . . . until today.  The feelings I had following them through the hills were stronger than any beautiful feeling I've had in a long time.  And when I tried to pin it down . . . this beautiful feeling. . . I landed on two words: belonging and freedom.
   Belonging: the longing for it can make us do things we don't even believe in; maybe even things we've never wanted to do. . . like ride a motorbike through the mountains.  :) Maybe I will.  Maybe I'll ride a motorcycle with a group of people through the mountains and I'll feel free and I'll feel camaraderie and I'll feel connected to this little group of people riding with me.
  But until then, I belong.  I belong to One who is unseen but felt and experienced and known through believing.  I believe I belong.  I believe I am loved.  I believe I am cared for and intimately connected with the Creator of everything beautiful.  I believe and I belong.  And in belonging, I am free to live and move and have my being in Him and in the beauty of all He's created.  I am free to become all that he has dreamed of me becoming, all that I dream of becoming.  I am free to fly.

No comments: