Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Color

Abiel and I went clothes shopping on Saturday.  GASP!  As we perused the first store. . . my lovely 13 year old snagged a couple of items to try on.  Black, grey, black and another shade of grey.  Hmmmm.  "Taking after your Mom, eh?  Maybe we need to explore some color today."

Our second stop provided our opportunity to explore color.  Mint green, jade green, bubble gum pink, banana yellow, fire orange, peachy peach, and of course one classy black to top it off.  I was so proud of Abiel.  :-)  Why does it get more and more difficult to branch out of our supposed "style" the older we get?  Argh.  But she did it. . . and so did I, for that matter .. . a little.  ;-)  I guess I could say "a lot" since it may be just as painful for a mom to let their first born daughter branch out as it is for herself!

"I look like a box of pastel paints exploded," she declared as she donned her favorite new outfit for the review of her Papa.  "Mama and I were exploring COLOR today!  What do you think?"

Let's just say, Heath passed with flying colors.  ;-)

I give you permission to appreciate color today.  ENJOY!

No comments: