Friday, January 25, 2013

Equilibrium?

We all like to keep our balance. . . physically, emotionally, and spiritually speaking.  But there is a concept I learned in Human Growth and Development class long, long ago that haunts me.  Disequilibration: to put out of equilibrium; unbalance.

In my college class, the professor reiterated again and again how there is greater potential for human growth and development in periods of disequilibration.  YUCK.  That is not happy for any person who wants to grow but clings to their equilibrium with white knuckles.

I've repeatedly found it to be true.  These last 5 years have been about regaining my equilibrium.  And there has been some amazing benefits, growth, and peace in my heart.  As we contemplate a new jump, I feel the rumbling and shaking under my feet.  DISEQUILIBRATION, HERE WE COME!  And this time around, I refuse to go kicking and screaming into the season that will create amazing opportunities for growth and development.  I will embrace my season of disequilibration. . . . at least today I will.  ;-)

No comments: