Saturday, January 26, 2013

Such a Disappointing Mama

  Yesterday afternoon we spent a couple hours zooming around Roller Towne.  Every session we've been to, there are roller races for age groups.  It's funny how few parents get out there to race but guess who does?  I'm not a great skater by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not falling all over the place either.  The last couple skate days, I managed to take 2nd place and win the kids a small fountain drink.
  Yesterday, there were some hard core mama's skating for the soft drink.  Out of the 4 of us skating, I came in dead last.  Good effort.  No ego crushed. . . until I skated off the rink and saw Ella's droopy face.
  "What's wrong, Ella?  Did you know I was out there racing?"
  " YES!  You LOST Mama!"  She was so disappointed.  :-)
  So begins the first reality of her mama's humanness!

No comments: