Saturday, January 12, 2013

I am alive!

Life happens.  People pleasing stifles.  And then blogging stops.  Not even sure anyone is still out there checking wordless Emie of late.  I need to be writing again.  I need to be real again.  And I'm thinking of starting here.  No guarantees of consistency.  Absolutely no promises of great thoughts.  But certainly I will write of the things that are still taking me further up and further in.

My first reattempt at realness is to share the list of things that are challenging my thinking and long held dogmas.  Gulp!  I think I'm gonna shut off my comments just to keep myself from caring what you think! (I am a recovering people pleaser not a RECOVERD one.)

Books I'm currently reading:

1.  Living Out Loud: Activities to Fuel a Creative Life  by Keri Smith

2.  SoulMaking: The Desert Way of Spirituality by Alan Jones

3.  The Awakened Heart: Opening Yourself to the Love You Need by Gerald G. May
         (I'm technically not reading it yet but Heath is so I feel like I am!)

4.  Jesus and Nonviolence: The Third Way by Walter Wink

5.  Mindfulness in Plain English by Bhante Gunaratana

6.  The Way of the Warrior Series by Graham Cooke

7.  Life is a Verb: 37 Days to Wake Up, Live Intentionally, Be Mindful.  by Patti Digh

BLOGS I love  . . . until I don't:

1.  darlingmagazine.org

2.  theveryworstmissionary.com

Music I'm stuck on:

1.  piano instrumental music or quiet, soaking music.  Terri Geisel has some great piano soaking music if you need some.

2.  Enjoying old Heather Clark songs and Jason Upton and Be Lifted High album, Let Hope Rise album, and Songs from the Loft album

This is a good year, 2013.  It's a new year.  Things will be different.  I will be different.  I expect God to show up in places I don't expect Him.  And that's scary.

Enough realness for today.
Happy New Year!

No comments: