Sunday, January 20, 2013

Disconnecting

I've had a few months of disconnecting.

And I like it.  I think everyone needs to disconnect occasionally.  Disconnecting gives me time to think and feel things that are shoved into little corners of my heart.  I shove them away so I can deal with them in a time when it would be safe.  Sometimes, the only safe time to pull those little guys out to observe and question and learn from them is in a period of disconnection.  If we don't disconnect, when will we unpack the things piled in the corners?

In my recent disconnection, I'm learning again what I believe matters.  When I am surrounded by people all the time, I start to become a melting pot of every one's ideas.  That's not necessarily bad or wrong.  But every so often, I want to know what I think about a matter or belief or situation.  And I need space to find out what I think.

So what do I think?  That's for another day.  ;-)


No comments: